What We Do
One of the prime purposes of the club is to drive the cars! We organize cruises to various locations of interest to the membership. Each year a multi-day cruise is planned.
Amongst the events:
An annual spring cruise in conjunction with the Western New York Corvette Club – alternating between the clubs.
Other cruises we have done over the last few years include:
- Cruise up the Niagara Parkway with the Westchester Club stopping at the Floral Clock
- Grand River Lunch Cruise
- Ellicottville Cruise
- 25th Anniversary of the Corvette Museum – a multi-day cruise to the event stopping at the Kentucky Speedway.
- Port Dover Cruise – Lunch and a Winery Tour
- Fall Cruise to Letchworth State Park to see what else the fall colours
- “Cruise with Clues” – participants cruise various roads (instructions are given) to answer questions. At the conclusion, the team with the highest score (questions only – this is NOT a timed event) wins a prize, and a picnic after.
- From time to time, we are contacted for special appearances (such as a procession at a senior’s residence) to put a smile on faces!
Many of the club cruises find themselves ending up at a restaurant or ice cream shop!
The club hosts an annual car show, open to Corvettes from clubs all over the province and beyond.
In addition, the club organizes trips to car shows across the province for those that are interested:
- Simcoe Car Show
- Windsor Car Show
Throughout the year, various opportunities present themselves for socializing. Amongst these:
- An afternoon at the movies then dinner
- Christmas dinner
- Our monthly meeting
- Dinner Theatre
- Pot luck dinners, picnics and barbecues.
Throughout the course of the year, special speakers are brought in to talk on various subjects, from the latest tech for the cars, maintenance, interesting destinations etc. Many of these are part of the monthly meeting, but on occasion a special day is set aside for a visit to a local garage.
Our Charity – The Niagara Children’s Centre
Monies collected through the year from donors, various functions and events are donated annually to our charity. Our donation is usually presented at our December social, often a family member who has benefited from our donation comes and speaks to us.